Paige Phillips Photography & Design

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Hanging Herb Garden: DIY

Hanging Herb Garden

If you are like me, you have limited space in your kitchen. Luckily, I have this beautiful bay window with great lighting. I love having fresh herbs around the house so what better way to make use of the glorious light. I am a fan of mason jars and love the blue ones so that is what I went with. 

I carefully planted the herbs and let them get happy in the window sill for a few days

I then bought hooks to drill into the wall. Well, when I went to do this I realized the bay window frame is larger than I thought and metal. This might be rookie news to some of you but hey I just found this out. I returned the hardware and opted for some adhesive hooks that hold 3-5 pounds. (cheaper and easier anyway)

I bought some wire and wrapped it around the jars with a little loop for hanging. 

Hung the adhesive hooks, and then the jars and below is the finished product!

I am very happy with the result. The visual aspect in the kitchen is really nice yet still easy to get to, and the whole project was fairly easy!  

Try it yourself! 

Parsley


 Dill
 Basil

 Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment