Paige Phillips Photography & Design

Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Years Eve 2016 from a very tired postpartum Mommy!

It's 11:58. My eyes naturally flutter open after an hour or two of much needed sleep on Day 4 of Boone's life. Earlier I had to make the choice to rest or put my 3 year old to bed for the night. A job that has been mine for the last 3 years. Not that Ashton will resent me for this choice but with surging postpartum hormones raging through my system, making my ears and tender breasts burn, and my eyes well up with tears, it was a hard decision for me to make.
I fell asleep with tears in my eyes. When I open them, I see Ashton walking in my bedroom rubbing his eyes... silent, he walks to the bed, room lit up by the tv still airing the ball about to drop on NBC. He looks at me, then turns and just peeks at Boone in the bassinet behind him. He smiles. Climbs into the bed and into my arms. I watch the ball drop while all three of my boys sleep peacefully around me.
At this moment I know I am exactly where I need to be. If there was ever a doubt in my mind it has washed away. This is my world and no matter what comes my way I will cherish every second. God has blessed me beyond words and this moment was a very clear message to me.
This is how I spent my New Years Eve, and it was probably the most memorable of my life. I would not change it for the world. Happy New Year! May your life be blessed and joyful.






No comments:

Post a Comment