Paige Phillips Photography & Design

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Surf & Turf: Succulent Lobster Tails are EASY!

I love Lobster tails although I am new to cooking them. After a little bit of research, who knew how easy they are to prepare? Maybe some people shy away from them because they think they are too expensive. The Lobster tails I purchased were $4.99 each at Publix. This is not too shabby in my opinion. 

Prepare your favorite steak and vegetables the way you like them and follow these easy steps to put the Surf in your Turf!

There are many ways to cook Lobster. Broil in the oven, grill, steam, boil... whatever you fancy but all these ways are quick!

I decided to boil mine. 

I brought a large pot of water to a boil. 
Added 2 Bay Leaves, Himalayan Sea Salt & Old Bay seasoning to the boiling water.
After a moment or two I added the Lobster Tails (still in their shell).
They will turn bright orange almost immediately. 
Let cook for 3-5 minutes depending on the size but when they are to curl up, they are ready. 
Remove them and set aside to cool.
Once they cool to the touch, use meat scissors to cut down the spine of the shell and separate meat from the shell. 
Top with your preference of finishing butter, melted.
Serve on top of your favorite steak and vegetables!

Yummy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment