Paige Phillips Photography & Design

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bangin Fish Tacos

 I must mention that I create my own recipes based on what I have tried and seen. I do not pay attention to amounts. I do everything to taste. Unless raw eggs are involved. 

I simply must share this recipe. I absolutely love Fish Tacos and after trying some in restaurants and with some inspiration from my friends (Liz & Jeremy), I finally decided to try them at home. They are AWESOME!

Fish Tacos
(Approx. 30 minutes)

What you need: (For Tacos)
White Fish Fillets (Tilapia or Founder work great)
Flour or Corn Tortillas (Flour is my preference)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Sour Cream
Sriracha
Cholula Hot Sauce
Vegetable Oil 
Flour
Salt & Pepper

What you need: (Coleslaw)
Green Cabbage
Sweet Red Onion
Shredded Carrots
Mayonnaise 
Celery Salt
Dijion Mustard
Lettuce (only for your picky eaters who won't eat the slaw)

Preparation:
(Coleslaw)
Chop your Green Cabbage, Red Onion & Carrots (as much as desired)
Put in large bowl
Mix in Mayonnaise, Celery Salt & a dash of Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste
Refrigerate until you are ready to serve Tacos

(Sour Cream)
Mix Sour Cream with a small amount of Sriracha
A little bit goes a long way.
Set Aside

(Tacos)
Heat Vegetable oil in sauce pan over medium heat (roughly 1/2 inch)
While the oil is heating, ready your tortillas and cheese 
Set Aside
Cut your desired Fish Fillets into strips
Mix a generous amount of flour on a plate with some Salt & Pepper 
Coat your Fillet strips with the flour mixture and place in heated oil for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown
Put fried strips on a separate plate when finished

Your Tacos are ready to be served...
Start with your Tortilla, your spicy sour cream, your fried Fish strips, coleslaw, cheese and finally top with Cholula Hot Sauce for extra Bang!

Fresh Guacamole is a nice addition or side.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment